Logging and tracking
Here at Evolutivo we created an extension to manage tracking of changes in any entity thwough the use of a new module in the system:
1) First you need to select the modules that you want to track. I did it for the module ‘customer’ and ‘Invoice’.
To do this go to:
Tools -> Configuration Logging
Press the button ‘Add Module’ and select the modules you want, and then click ‘Add’
Press the button ‘Edit’ to select all the fields that you want to track in that module, press ‘Save’
2) To use it, go to one of the modules you have chosen to track and change at least one of the fields that you have configured in any record.
3) To see the traces in a record, in detailview go to the ‘Additional Information’ and see under ‘Monitoring of Changes’ and you will see something like this:
4) To redo a change, you can press ‘Restore’.
5) If you do not know what were RECORDS changed, do so:
Tools> Tracking Changes
It can make a search in the same way, and see the results
The fields are like this: Module: The module that has been modified, Record: Record modified creation time: The time when the change is made, Made by: the user who made the change.